Monday, October 12, 2015

Work Stress

One of my favorite parts about my new job is that I hadn't really faced any work stress until last week - the first full week of October.  And I haven't been able to say that in at least 12 years.  One of God's plans for my life was to "healthify" me.  (That word is made up - and totally sounds like it should be straight from the musical, Wicked.)  This includes a lower amount of work stress!  Changing over to middle school helps.  Having no show choir helps.  Walking two blocks to school instead of driving 45 minutes helps.  Only teaching at one school helps.  For this (lack of work stress) alone, I am so thankful.

Would I be fine going back to my former colleagues, students, support staff, custodial and maintenance folks???  Absolutely.  But when you get rid of your entire life and start over - halfway across the world - there is no going back.  No turning back.  No looking back.

#tochinaandback


No comments:

Post a Comment