Tuesday, October 13, 2015

In Training

Being at Concordia allows us many benefits, which I basically call blessings.  And some of the things I see as a blessing would probably surprise many of you.  I'm just a small town, Iowa girl, living it up in the largest city in the world (around 24 million, give or take a few thousand...).

One of the great parts about being on staff is being able to work with our athletic trainer.  He is in charge of wellness, and it has been a blast talking to him, getting some therapy for my hand & wrist issues, working out in the gym, and just learning.  Today he gave me props for my pain tolerance.  Ha!  For those who don't know, my right hand has been having the same issues that my left hand dealt with in February, 2014.  The burning, numbed, not-able-to-move issues....  When nothing else helped, our trainer offered to do some p.t. on my arm, wrist, and hand.  And I'm happy to report that within the last two weeks, I've gotten some relief!  We have started doing IASTM treatments twice a week.  In China, this is otherwise known as gua sha.

Another blessing - the Keurig machine in my principal's office.  The caffeine keeps me going!

#tochinaandback

No comments:

Post a Comment